Monday, June 08, 2009

MON Run/Walk RSJH 2 mi

I am going to try to get things going again, and I am going to take it slowly and easily. I am following a runnersworld plan in which I walk 2 min run 1 min X 10 on Mon Wed Fri and Sat, walk 30 min Tue and Thu and rest Sunday. Depending on my schedule, I might have to change this a bit, we'll see.

The second week changes to Run 2 min, walk to min, the rest stays the same.

The third week changes to run 5 min, walk 1 min on Mon and Wed, run 6 min, walk 1 min Fri and Sat, keeping 30 min walks on Tue and Thu.

Week 4: Mon. Run 8 Min, Walk 1 min Repeat 3X, then Run 3 min. Tue: Walk
Walk easy 30 min Wed. Run 9 min Walk 1 min Repeat 3X, Thu. Walk easy 30 min Fri. Run 10 min, Walk 1 min, Repeat 2X Run 8 min Sat. Run 11 min, Walk 1 min, Repeat 2X
Run 6 min Sun Rest

So that's where I will start. Today I walk/ran about 2 miles (or more - I didn't count very well). It was about 70 degrees and I wore shorts and an old pair of running shoes. I felt strong at first, but half way throuogh I really began to feel the strain. I still felt really good, though. I know it doesn't happen that quick, but I did feel stronger and better at the end of the workout. The ankle feels great. I might be able to make this happen! Fingers crossed.

No comments: